Planning for frames and mats
Please consider the following when planning the installation of a GEGGUS matting system:
- Everything from one source: We offer a digital measuring and installation service. Please contact our support team for more details.
- Optimum fitting: mats should always be installed in a frames, fitted flush with the floor. Guidance on measuring and installing of the frame may be found on page 43 of our brochure. When ordering, please remember that for Top Clean mats for entrance areas, the profile length and the direction of traffic must both be stated. A standard fax order form can be found on page 54 of our brochure.
- Ordering: when ordering a system consisting of frame, or well with mat, please state the outside dimensions of the frame. We will then deduct approx. 10 mm for the finished size of the mat (tips for laying tolerance are contained on page 48 of our brochure).
If you already have an angle frame, please state the clear inside dimensions of the frame. We will deduct approx. 5 mm from this to calculate the production size for the mat (page 48 of our brochure).
- Multi-part mats: for large entrance areas, mats with a profile length of more than 300 cm and/or a weight of more than 50 kg should be divided, otherwise they will be too bulky or be too heavy for installation and maintenance.
- Drainage: when installing the angle frames or wells in outdoor areas, drainage should be provided so that water can drain away (for example, by making an opening in the screed). Alternatively, the mat well should be connected to a drainage system.
- Laying mats without a frame: the Top Clean TREND® mat (10mm and 17mm variants) can be equipped with a ramped edge, so that a well is not required for any subsequent re-laying (full details on page 44 of our brochure).
- Mats for heavily-used areas: for entrance areas with heavy traffic (airports, supermarkets, shopping centres etc.) we recommend our alu-profile mats: Top Clean STABIL, Top Clean OBJEKT and Top Clean HIGH, all of which have been designed to meet the requirements of such applications (details on pages 32–35 of our brochure).
- Special shapes: for bespoke designs we recommend a weather-resistant and durable PVC template (details on page 46 of our brochure).
- Important: please note, the template must be rolled, not folded and the upper side of the template and the direction of traffic must be indicated. This information is essential for the production of an accurately dimensioned entrance mat.