HOW TO MAINTAIN AN ENTRANCE MAT SYSTEM
5 - STEP GUIDE TO CLEANING & MAINTAINING ALUMINIUM MATTING
Cleaning is made easy with GEGGUS entrance matting, thanks to its unique ‘rollable’ design, which allows the mats to be rolled out and removed from the matwell.
1. Simply roll the mat out of the matwell and leave aside.
2. For internal matwells simply sweep or vacuum out any dirt. For external matwells, wash away any grit, or pan out any large collections of heavy soiling for example, leaves and small stones.
3. Cleaning the mat - Shake out the mat and clean off with a power washer on a medium setting.
4. Leave the mat to dry.
5. Roll the matting back into place.
The lifespan of our aluminium matting system can be prolonged for well over a decade if this regular cleaning and maintenance routine is implemeneted.
In 2014, a survey by 3M found that up to 85% of dirt and moisture within a building will have been brought in on shoes, trolleys, and lightweight vehicles. That’s perhaps not too surprising, but further analysis showed that the cost of cleaning a building used by 1,000 people every day, could be as much as £75,000 each year. An effective entrance matting system can help to significantly reduce that cost by preventing dirt and moisture being brought into the building.
Bad soiling, and objects such as cigarette butts, chewing gum and oil stains can servery impair the cleaning function of entrance mats meaning at times matting inserts such as ribbed carpet may need to be replaced.
Replacement of matting inserts with GEGGUS:
1. Release the damaged insert from the aluminium profile with a screwdriver.
2. Remove any existing glue, dirt and sediment from the profile using a chisel
3. Place the new insert into the aluminium profile using a double-sided self-adhesive tape to stick down.
4. Using a rubber hammer, tap the insert to fix in place.